- 460degrees becomes a Gold Pledge Partner of Soldier On
We’re proud to be a Gold Pledge Partner of Soldier On helping to enable veterans and their families to thrive.
- 5G gives the term ‘smart building’ new meaning
By networking and enabling an array of new technologies, 5G is set to make smart buildings and precincts a reality.
- 6 essential skills for Training Managers
In addition to general leadership skills, Training Managers require many additional competencies to manage the training function successfully.
- 6 Simple Tips For Executive Reporting
Expert Kathrin Allen on how get the most out of the reporting structure in your organisation.
- 6clicks presents: Innovators
6Clicks sat down with 460degrees Managing Director Werner Spies to find out what it takes to become a renowned innovator in global business transformation.
- A rising focus on ESG disclosure could put your business in the hot seat
With investors, funding providers and government demanding transparency on aspects like Modern Slavery, Carbon Emissions and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. It is more important than ever for businesses to understand their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and NetZero position.
- Australia’s Ransomware Crisis
Cybercrime has long been the stuff of the Internet’s collective cultural imagination; a well-worn stereotype of the hooded figure hunched over a keyboard. It might sound dramatic but make no mistake; ransomware attacks have grown in scale and frequency to a point where they now threaten the safety and wellbeing of all Australians.
- Be a Project Manager for all (and not just for you!)
“The results speak for themselves” is a common saying in many industries. Project Managers and businesses of all kinds are fond of this saying as proof of their success. But what goes on behind the scenes?
- Be Careful How You Share…
It’s timely to think about how you share, because the unintentional consequences could be dreadful and long-term, if you don’t take sensible precautions. I’m not talking about Covid-19, this time, but about sharing your personal information, like bank account details.
- Beyond ‘dirty money’: How does money laundering affect us all? How does money laundering affect your business?
The closest connection most of us have to money laundering is reading about a high-profile case in the papers. Given that its impact is not obvious in everyday life, it’s hard to see at first what the impact of money laundering is on the wider community.
- Calibrating identity with technology with people
John Phillips introduces us to Self Sovereign Identity and how it became important as well as why it will be critical as technology advances.
- COVID19 in Australia is a security issue
Just over 18 months into the pandemic, Australia is in an interesting, albeit perturbing, situation with the “management” of COVID19. What insights do we uncover by applying a cybersecurity lens to the pandemic response?
- Creating a Culture to Attract & Retain Top Talent
Werner Spies recently featured on the Evolution Exchange podcast discussing how to attract and retain talent.
- Deep Dive on Cybersecurity
Human-Centric Cybersecurity Champion, Dr Patrick Scolyer-Gray, shares his knowledge and experience on all aspects of cybersecurity.
- DevOps Insight Webinar
460degrees DevOps champion, Fabian Iannarella, hosts an exclusive DevOps webinar around challenges organisations are facing while adopting DevOps.
- Do I follow my dreams or stick with what I’m good at?
We’ve all heard that saying, “Do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” On the other hand, there’s that equally wise adage, “Play to your strengths”. In a perfect world these two things would be one and the same.
- Exploring Smart Communities and Smart Business in 2021
As we approach 2021, our thoughts turn to creating more interconnected cities and spaces – spaces where liveability, workability and sustainability are enhanced using streams of data. Specifically, we want businesses, government, and councils to consider smarter, more technologically planned spaces.
- FinCEN Files Leak – The Flow of Dirty Money
Ulrika Sandvik talks to Stephen Walter of 6clicksTV on how the exposure of a worldwide criminal money laundering network has lit up newsrooms globally, and how did we get to money laundering on such a scale and why isn’t it being stopped.
- Find the best vendor for your business in the tender pile
Finding the best vendor for your organisation’s needs is not as easy as it seems. They’re all competitively priced, offer great, but different expertise, and seem to offer only the ‘best’. But how do you know which one will deliver over and above what you want?
- How an annual learning plan could boost your business
Whether they are fresh to the company or entering a new field, all new employees need some level of training. Employee induction and onboarding training is an essential function for all businesses.
- How does a scientific method help our clients
As consultants, we deal with challenges every day. We don’t get involved with everyday business, we get our hands dirty and help businesses solve their problems. Adopting a scientific approach can help get to the heart of the challenge quickly.
- How to gain additional insight from your data. Visualise your data and automate data preparation
If you are familiar with data analysis, you will understand that creating data visualisations is a key requirement.
- How to save Australia’s Professional Services
Covid-19 has brought a wave of economic destruction to many businesses, but it’s not the bottom line, it’s the people who work for – or used to work for – organisations, that are suffering.
- Insider Threats: when the call is coming from inside the house
It’s common knowledge that organisations of all sizes face numerous and formidable cyber-threat actors, and we certainly seem to hear plenty about them: Cyber-criminals or nation-state actors that are bankrolled by foreign governments. However, we focus on these threats at the expense of others to our peril. With that in mind, let’s talk about insider threats.
- Introducing the STEPtember challenge to 460degrees
Fostering a supportive, healthy, engaged and connected team is integral to 460degrees. We interviewed Angela Palahinjak – People & Culture Lead, 460degrees to discover how passionate she is about her role and her implementation of the STEPtember initiative into the business.
- Is It Time To Think About Strategy Differently?
To survive such a ferocious environment, organisations today not only need to work differently, they need to take a very different approach to strategy. Agile Expert Cal Britten explains.
- Modern Day Slavery & Risk Management (Part 1)
Ulrika Sandvik sits down with Anthony Stevens, CEO 6clicks, to chat about modern slavery risk management
- Modern Day Slavery & Risk Management (Part 2)
Ulrika Sandvik & Anthony return to discuss the right approach to fulfilling Modern Slavery, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Compliance.
- My Little AITorney | A Personalised AI Lawyer
John Phillips puts forward the concept of a personalised AI lawyer that could read Terms and Conditions for you, as well as offer assistance.
- NeuroInclusivity and Psychological Safety in the workplace
As organisations around the world work to accommodate for problems for the crisis at hand, the need for higher degrees of collaboration, communication and innovation have become a burning requirement for many.
- New Partners Announcement
Congratulations to our new Partners
- Newsletter: December 2021
Check out our latest Newsletter.
- Newsletter: March 2021
Check out our latest Newsletter.
- Podcast: WHY Self Sovereign Identity is important
Listen to John Phillips discuss why Self Sovereign Identity will play an important role in how we manage our personal information and data in the future.
- Ransomware: what technologists don’t want to hear
Having recently covered the basics on ransomware and why it’s a clear and present danger, it’s time to look at the limitations of what has been the traditional approach used to try and resolve these issues.
- Rebrand message from our Managing Director
Werner Spies addresses our recent rebranding venture.
- Rely on a Site Reliability Engineer | Spotlight on DevOps Talks
After attending the DevOps Talks 2018 Conference, Fabian Iannarella had some insights into the concept of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
- Social Engineering: when people are the problem, they’re also the solution
When we hear about companies suffering from ransomware attacks, we often think about the impact on the business, and sometimes even the consequences for society. However, in the midst of all the lamenting and impotent rage we often fail to think about how and why the attacks happened in the first place.
- SSI in the time of COVID-19: this can help us all
Self-Sovereign Identity can be a powerful ally in our global battle against COVID-19. Here’s why.
- Techno-Centric Cybersecurity and HCCS: Can’t we all just be friends?
In my last article, I made the argument that Human Centric Cybersecurity (HCCS) and conventional technical elements of cybersecurity need to work together as a unified front when combating ransomware. So, how does that work in practice when applied to combating ransomware?
- The Critical Need for Digital Identity and Verifiable Credentials
In this whitepaper, we’re showing how SSI can make a massive difference in solving current challenges in Financial Services across the globe.
- The Egg Story: the delicate connection between you & your security technology
Your organisation’s sensitive information is like the inside of an egg. To ensure their security against cyber attacks, most organisations today add layers of protection, constantly updating and investing in different methods to improve the protective properties of their ‘eggshell’. do you know how safe your egg is?
- The Future is Serverless | Spotlight on DevOps Talks
Expert Navdip Kalsi explains her greatest takeaway from the DevOps Talks Conference 2018 – that Serverless is the future of DevOps.
- The pros and cons of online training
In 2020, we’ve seen workforces quickly progress to online and remote working. There are many ways that remote working can affect businesses, but how does it affect how you train your staff? And how can you do it effectively?
- The Ransomware crisis: It’s Time to Retake Control
The discussion so far has dovetailed into an argument for how techno-centric and HCCS can (and do) work together to resist and repel cybercrime, and although it is great to have a strategy for what we need to do, we need to remain cognisant of the sobering reality of our predicament: The ransomware crisis is far beyond the scope and capabilities of any single company or organisation.
- The three questions to ask potential consultants about your project
So, you’re looking for a good professional services team to address a specific need in your business. These three questions will help you to find the people who really understand your industry and challenges.
- Untangling Open Banking: how the CDR works (and how it could work better)
Open banking is no longer something ‘out there’ in the future. It’s here. And it’s set to shake things up. Right now, with little to no uptake and limited industry activity, the CDR implementation model isn’t being stress-tested. We believe there are better ways to implement CDR that could hold the key to resolving many issues.
- Why do athletes make great corporate consultants?
Professional cyclist and 460degrees consultant, Grace Brown, believes athletes make a great contribution to the corporate world. She explains the value the cross-over of strengths can hold in a business environment.
- Why is it lonely at the top? Creating space for self-managed leadership
It’s lonely at the top’ is a common saying amongst leaders. In an old-style organisational structure – which is hierarchical with a real “top” then yes, leadership can be very lonely.